While you can certainly just buy a ready made Koss ESP-950 to Stax 5-pin adapter cable from us, we understand that people might want to save some money and build on themselves. So here’s the wiring diagram so you know … Continued
Welcome to Darin Fong Audio
Developers of Out Of Your Head software
virtual speaker software for headphones
only $149 with one speaker preset.
an out of head experience
Virtual speaker software for headphones
Out Of Your Head is advanced audio software that replicates the experience of listening to high-end speakers using only headphones. The listener can listen to audio with the sound of different speakers and home theater systems with the affordability, privacy, and portability of just headphones. The sound is no longer inside your head, like conventional headphones—it comes from “out of your head,” as it does when you are listening to speakers and home theater systems.
Out Of Your Head is a breakthrough in audio processing software for headphones. It allows the listener to experience their music or movie as if they were actually sitting in the room with the speakers that were measured—but without having to actually be there. Think of it as audio “virtual reality.” If you close your eyes while listening to Out Of Your Head, you can “hear” the exact location of each of the 8 speakers in the room around you. You can even hear the sound reflecting off the walls. You can hear the difference between different models and brand of speakers.
Unlike traditional or existing “virtual surround-sound” processing and hardware that is currently available, Out Of Your Head does not simulate or create a virtual sound environment. Existing technologies do work to some extent in getting the sound sources out of your head, but they are far from accurate. Out Of Your Head plays back the sound exactly as you would hear it if you were actually sitting in the room with the speakers.
You have to hear it to believe it! Download the free trial here.
Alternately, if you just want to hear some sample output from Out Of Your Head, you can listen to pre-rendered demo files here.
Out Of Your Head Features:
- Out Of Your Head works with any pair of existing headphones or ear buds. No additional hardware, special headphones, or amplifiers are required. All processing is done with software.
- Out Of Your Head works with all existing music and movies. No special encoding or pre-rendering is required.
- All processing is done in real-time.
- Out Of Your Head is compatible with all the major media playback software, including iTunes, Windows Media Player, VLC, and JRiver Media Center.
- Listen to different high-end brands and models of speakers without buying them.
- Watch a movie in full 7.1 surround sound with just your laptop and headphones.
- No need to purchase and install a home theater system. Just use Out Of Your Head software to get a full home theater experience.
- If you already have a high-end home theater or stereo system, you can have personalized measurements done to replicate your system exactly, so you can take your system with you anywhere you can bring your laptop and headphones.
- The sound of the speakers is not synthesized. It replicates real speakers measured in real rooms.
- You can switch between multiple speakers and rooms with a click of the mouse.
- Our Of Your Head allows for the ultimate side-by-side comparison of different speaker systems—all using just software, through your headphones.
- For the ultimate experience, you can have custom measurements done with your ears, for unparalleled realism.
Out Of Your Head is perfect for:
- Condos or apartments with no space to install a home theater system.
- Late-night listening without disturbing anyone.
- Students with no place to install a high-end stereo system or home theater.
- Watching a movie or listening to music at full volume on high-end speakers without disturbing family members or neighbors.
- Listening to mega-buck speakers and amplifiers for a fraction of the cost.
- Experiencing ultra-high-end 7.1 surround sound on speakers too expensive to put in a home theater.
- Listening to a full 7.1 home theater system while you're on a plane!
- Listening to high-end speakers when traveling, in a hotel room, by the pool, on the beach, etc.
- Windows 7, 8 or higher. Requires 64-bit operating systems
- Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- Any headphones
- Coming (someday, we hope!) to iOS, and Android
- The retail price Out Of Your Head is $149. This price includes one free speaker preset.
- Each additional preset is $25.
- You must download and install the trial version of Out Of Your Head before purchasing a license.
RMAF/CanJam 2016 50% Off Show Special Extended to Everyone! Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth at RMAF in Denver. It was great meeting all of your.But if you missed coming by our booth, or you couldn’t make … Continued
On the Windows version of Out Of Your Head, some systems when you launch Out Of Your Head, an error pops up saying, “OOYH Output Error.”Unfortunately we are not 100% sure why this happens on a small percentage of systems.But … Continued
We are happy to announce that the latest beta version of Out Of Your Head now supports Roon on Windows. (Roon always worked on Mac OS X)But there are some special instructions needed to get it working with Out Of … Continued
A big thank you to Dean Seislove from Positive Feedback for reviewing Out Of Your Head. Here’s a few quotes from the review: “OOYH(Out Of Your Head) is simply fun to use for all kinds of listening situations. Well worth the … Continued